|The Business Partner sales professional (BPR) is responsible for delivering balanced Information Management (IM) revenue results on a quarterly basis through their partner portfolio. The BPR is the entry point in to IBM for their partners; in this role they are responsible for all facets of the partner relationship.Elements of the territory plan include but are not limited to: identifying and recruiting “best of breed “partners; partner enablement; partner plans; achievement of metrics; pipeline and forecast management; co-selling with partners. BPRs must be knowledgeable and comfortable articulating the IM portfolio and strategy.BPRs take business direction from IM brand sales management and have reporting responsibility to IM brand sales and SWG channel management.
Areas of BPR responsibility include but are not limited to:
5. Define / execute actions to achieve sufficient pipe coverage through recruiting, enabling, implementing co-marketing and selling with partners
7. Identify, develop next tier of partners to drive higher revenue and reach additional markets
|IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.To apply click: https://jobs3.netmedia1.com/cp/faces/job_summary?job_id=SWG-0631199|
M-Commerce, including mobile payments and person-to-person money transfers, is identified as a high a growth area in the coming years within Ericsson, providing a substantial global market potential – for us and our customers.
Graduate Development program
The Graduate University is a fully rounded 24 month programme that takes graduates from entry level to senior systems programmers through education, mentoring, hands on the job training and the ability to pass year end certification therefore progressing into the next year of the programme.
The position offers rich experience with multiple IT systems and an opportunity to be involved with a complex IT services architecture. The work environment is fast-paced and thrives on continuous improvement. The Application Support resource can use the opportunity to make key contributions to the success of the service operations.
The Application team thrive on the idea of fulfilling stakeholder requirements through the effective use of technology. The team members are empowered to think out-of-the-box, table innovative ideas and play on different grounds within the teams’ vast opportunity space.
•Develop a good understanding of the services and the systems involved.
•Participate in activities to understand and learn new product features and technology changes.
•Develop understanding and hands-on administration skills on Webmethod, WebSphere Application Server, MQ and Broker.
• In support with senior team members, perform troubleshooting of issues related to Webmethod and WebSphere deployments.
• Develop a good understanding and use of Monitoring tools. These include Tivoli Monitoring, Apps Manager, WebMethods Administration Consoles and custom-developed monitoring tools.
• Monitor the application health using monitoring tools and custom procedures.
• Monitor alerts thrown by the applications via emails and take documented/as-needed action.
• Work with other team members to meet Service Level Agreements.
• Develop an understanding of the Incident Management process.
• Familiarize with the technical environment, processes, procedures and tools related to Application Services team.
• Perform Applications Quality Assurance activities. Develop working knowledge on quality assurance plan, quality standards and procedures
• Extracting test cases and test data from Functional Specifications and Use Cases documents.
• Coordinating functional, regression, integration and user acceptance testing to validate systems functionalities and integration between modules.
• Documenting testing results
• Management of the interface with the internal and/or external customers on software quality matters.
• Manage the operations of the service desk
You’ll need a Bachelor’s degree (2012 graduation onwards) in a computing or business related discipline, plus a good understanding of IT. This would preferably be backed up with some relevant experience / exposure to financial management systems (of maximum 12 months) or extra-curricular activities.
In addition to the above, we are looking for the following qualifications:
Language Skills: Advanced level of written and spoken English
Interpersonal skills: The ability to work well with people
Flexibility: The ability to adjust to rapid change
Team Player: Willing to be a collaborative and reliable team member
Analytical Abilities: Eye for detail
Communication: Having the ability to communicate clearly and confidently in an international environment
Commitment: The dedication to achieve goals and being result-oriented
Personality: Possessing an attitude fueled with positive-thinking
The role will be located in Abuja
Job – Administration
Primary Location – Nigeria-Nigeria-Lagos
Schedule – Full-time
Job Type – Graduate Job
Shift – Day Job
Job Location: Lagos
Job Number: 00197291
If you join Accenture, you can make great ideas happen for some of the world’s most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Consulting professionals at Accenture belong to one of three workgroups: Management Consulting, Systems Integration Consulting or Technology Consulting. These workgroups enable us to deliver the increasingly specialized skills that clients demand while providing our people with varied career opportunities.
Our Consultants have the opportunity to work and collaborate with colleagues from across the full spectrum of consulting activity: identifying and creatively solving complex problems, designing and re-engineering critical processes, and fundamentally transforming the way a company operates. Our management consultants are more than just theorists – they turn theory into action. Acting as trusted advisors to our clients, they work directly with FORTUNE© Global 500 companies across many different industry sectors. They concentrate on getting a holistic view of a client’s business and industry environment and use their expertise and critical thinking skills to design and deliver realistic, achievable business strategies and solutions that address key client priorities.
Much of the work we do is at the cutting edge of innovation and thinking. We involve our consultants in publishing and sharing this knowledge as thought leadership to benefit clients, industry and fellow colleagues.
As a Graduate Trainee at Accenture Nigeria, you will gain insight and understanding of how we respond to our clients’ business challenges. You will be involved in a range of activities from assessing a client’s business capabilities to assisting with business transformation activities.
Responsibilities may include:
• Conducting industry and client research and analysis to identify opportunities for improvements
• Gathering and documenting the client’s current business processes, people and technology capabilities and requirements
• Performing financial assessments to support the development of new business processes and architecture
• Assisting in the design and development of new business processes, capabilities and supporting technologies
• Supporting the testing and implementation of new business processes
• Developing communications, training and job aids to assist in change management activities
Fresh graduates with the following attributes are needed to join our Consulting team through our Graduate Trainee programme:
• Good leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Desire to work in a result-driven business environment
• Ability to transfer theoretical knowledge obtained during training into practical hands on skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to work well in teams, confident and able to express your views clearly
• Ability to capitalize on knowledge transfer
• Ability to meet travel requirements, when applicable
• B.sc in any discipline with minimum of 2nd class upper and above
• Candidate should possess less than 12 months post NYSC Experience
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Google Policy Fellowship
We are now accepting applications to the 2013 Google Policy Fellowship in Africa, Europe, Latin America and North America.
“It was a complete privilege to work with such smart, passionate and fun people; to be able to participate in important debates with several organizations, and to do research with full academic freedom. I am proud of being a Google Policy Fellow”
—Marcel Leonardi (EFF)
The Google Policy Fellowship program was inspired by Google’s Summer of Code with a public policy twist. The Google Policy Fellowship program offers undergraduate, graduate, and law students interested in Internet and technology policy the opportunity to spend the summer contributing to the public dialogue on these issues, and exploring future academic and professional interests.
Fellows will have the opportunity to work at public interest organizations at the forefront of debates on broadband and access policy, content regulation, copyright and trademark reform, consumer privacy, open government, and more. More information about the host organizations and the areas of focus for the fellows are outlined here.
Fellows will be assigned a lead mentor at their host organizations, but will have the opportunity to work with several senior staff members over the course of the summer. Fellows will be expected to make substantive contributions to the work of their organization, including conducting policy research and analysis; drafting reports and analyses; attending government and industry meetings and conferences; and participating in other advocacy activities.
Who should apply?
We’re looking for students who are passionate about technology, and want to spend the summer diving headfirst into Internet policy. Students from all majors and degree programs who possess the following qualities are encouraged to apply:
- Demonstrated or stated commitment to Internet and technology policy
- Excellent academic record, professional/extracurricular/volunteer activities, subject matter expertise
- First-rate analytical, communications, research, and writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently, and to work smartly and resourcefully in a fast-paced environment
Fellows will receive a stipend of $7,500 for 10 weeks during the summer of 2013 (June-August). Exact dates of the fellowship will be worked out by the fellow and host organization.
To Apply click: http://www.google.com/policyfellowship/index.html
IP Sales – Solution Manager – IP & Transport Networking, Converged Infrastructure Solutions-00065308
In 45 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, and with approximately 2300 staff, we are innovating, developing and improving the lives of people, business and society. We supply and service all major African operators, with market leadership in Mobile Broadband, Communication Services, Fixed Broadband Convergence, Operations and Business Support Systems. We are also boast the largest MS community in the world and are the technology leaders in both Television and Media Management and the Service Enabling Area.
The Networked Society, in which anything that benefits from being connected will be so, will depend on smart, scalable and simple networks that provide superior performance. Ericsson’s 4th Generation IP portfolio — consisting of multi-service edge routing, evolved packet core (i.e. SGSN/GGSN), optical and metro transport, backhaul and network management solutions — is designed to deliver fully converged end-to-end solutions to help service providers around the world meet the needs of their customers.
We are seeking Solution Manager with a proven track record in supporting technical sales of complex IP networking solutions to Service Providers. You will report directly to the Head: EP Fixed Broadband and Convergence. In this role you will play a key role in driving the driving technical sales in the all IP market segment in Nigeria.
As Solution Manager within IP & Transport Networking you will be responsible for establishing relationships with technical key influencers as well as decision makers and manage the entire sales process from the technical side within the territory of IP and Broadband product and solution sales.
You will promote and establish Ericsson’s position as a key player in the local IP market segment building from Ericssons expertise as the global leader in Mobile Communication. Together with the Key Account team for the Customer you will identify technical opportunities for IP Edge, Optical and Microwave in the all-IP segment. You will mentor the Key Account on IP pre-sales competence.
• Driving the technical sales process and lead the designing of comprehensive and complex technical solutions addressing customer needs
• In agreement with the KAM, initiating proactive customer engagements with existing and prospective customers.
• Drive up-sell opportunities during the entire process in order to contribute to increased sales volumes.
• Give support in designing/consulting with the customers on complex networking solutions.
• Providing full product line specifications and maintain knowledge of the complete PA IP and Broadband products and solution offerings.
• Maintaining knowledge of key competitor’s product line and future direction.
• Representing the Key Account on technical issues towards the Product Area.
• Facilitating resources as needed to close large opportunities.
• 5-10 years experience in the networking industry, preferably with a vendor.
• Bachelors Degree required. Technical Degree and/or MBA considered a merit.
• Proven history of successful Consultative Presales activities including experience working with operator and engaging in technical conversations along with a strong understanding of how they evaluate, purchase, and deploy large scale systems.
• Technical Certification in IP or other relevant area, e.g. CCIE, JNCIE.
• Complete understanding of internetworking (IP/MPLS), transmission, switching and service creation/provisioning.
• Complete understanding of IP/MPLS, DWDM, microwave transmission & service creation/provisioning
• Strong background in DWDM and Microwave Transmission a plus, familiarity with OTN preferred .
• Strong background in Solutions/Consultative sales approach and process with ability to translate business needs to product solutions.
• Strong Understanding of the Network Service Provider technical challenges including intimate knowledge of the end-user needs.
• Strong ability to work in a complex global environment, effectively building and sustaining relationships at multiple levels with the customer as well as internally.
• Strong team player whom easily integrates in an existing team and has the ability to create the needed team to achieve the business objectives.
• Open, winning and go-getter attitude, organized and structured, an excellent listener and strong presentation skills are pre-requisites.
• Articulates arguments or ideas in a compelling way.
• Proactive, self-motivating with a good grasp of the key business drivers.
• Willing and available to travel frequently in the region
• Fluent in English and local language
Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offering comprises services, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries. We are enabling the Networked Society with efficient real-time solutions that allow us all to study, work and live our lives more freely, in sustainable societies around the world.
We are one of the only companies that have end-to-end capabilities to deliver what Carriers need to provide a smart, scalable and simple End-user environment ready for the Networked Society. A competitive, next-generation IP and Broadband portfolio of Solutions and Services, allows us to deliver a fully converged end-to-end solution for Service Providers around the world.
When applying there will be a set of questions for you to answer. This is mandatory to be able to continue with your application.
Please add your CV and personal letter as a word or PDF in your application. For more information please visit Ericsson web page at http://www.ericsson.com
Job: Specialist Sales
Primary Location: Nigeria
Job Posting: Jan 16, 2013, 7:49:30 AM
Unposting Date: Feb 15, 2013, 11:59:59 PM
Job Type: Standard
To apply click: https://tas-ericsson.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl
POSITION: SOX Compliance Manager within Ericsson’s Region sub-Saharan Africa (RSSA)-00078306
Scope of SOX Key Controls
• Analyze financial statements against scope drivers.
• Map general ledger balances to processes and Key Controls.
• Determine, if standard Key Controls are applicable (perform process walkthrough).
• Explain and document why specific Key Controls are out of scope.
• Review deviation requests and align with SOX Expert Function (SEF).
• Checks impact from operational changes on scoping of Key Controls.
SOX Key Controls
• Check that EBP processes in scope are implemented.
• Check that the in scope SOX Key Controls is implemented.
• Check that all applicable changes to the SOX Key Control Framework originating from process releases are implemented.
• Check that all organizational changes are reflected in the execution of SOX Key Controls.
Monitor set-up in SAP GRC PC
• Ensure that in scope SOX Key Controls are populated in SAP Process Controls.
• Ensure that correct users are assigned to SOX Key Controls in SAP Process Controls.
• Ensures that the organizational structure in SAP Process Controls is correct and reflects responsibilities in the organization.
• Submits Change Requests to SEF and to Contact Centre.
Organise and Execute SOX Management Independent Testing (MIT)
• Perform risk assessment.
• Scope SOX Key Controls to be tested.
• Select, appoint, and secure independent and objective test resources.
• Train and induct test resources.
• Prepare, plan, and organize MIT.
• Participate in test work.
• Assure quality of test work and secure all test scripts are completed correctly.
• Secure that test results are logged in SAP Process Controls.
• Summarize and report results to Corporate Audit, SEF, and Local Management.
• Monitor and follow-up on remediation of Issues identified during testing.
Secure Proper Execution of Key Controls
• Secure that all Control Self-Assessors (CSA’s) have right competence to perform the control.
• Secure that all monthly, quarterly, and yearly CSA’s are completed in accordance with time schedule.
• Review and analyze Issues logged in SAP Process Controls.
• Review and request “time deviations” for Issues older than 90 days.
• Monitor and follow-up on remediation of Issues logged in SAP Process Controls.
Secure Management Certification
• Secure that all control self-assessments are completed according to time schedule.
• Secure quarterly management certification according to time schedule.
• Inform local management about major Issues reported in SAP Process Controls.
• Coordinate and/or Support Internal and External SOX Audits
• Interacts with internal and external SOX Auditors.
Coordinates and aligns internal and external SOX audits
• Secures preparation for internal and external SOX audits.
• Drives effective and efficient internal and external SOX audits.
• Evaluates internal and external SOX audit results.
• Secures that results from internal and external audits are reported in SAP Process Controls.
• Monitors and follows-up on remediation of Issues identified during internal and external SOX audits.
• Reviews and request “time deviations” for Issues older than 90 days resulting from internal and external SOX audits.
• Feeds back audit results to local management and to CSA’s.
Coordinate and Communicate Related Areas
• Secures correct completion of ELC testing (Self-Assessment).
• Aligns with Local Authorization Advisor (LAA) on SOD waivers.
• Secures that SOX information on local Website is updated.
• Ensures correct split of SOX Key Controls between SSC and Local Company / Region.
• Participates actively in global SOX network.
SOX Compliance role interacts with or is part of Regional Finance Management Teams and/or Company Control Management Teams.
Works closely together with the LFPD and other Process Drivers and other relevant staff in RSSA Operational Excellence department. Works closely together with Control Self-Assessors and Local Sub-process reviewers within the region.
Is the primary interface for Internal and External Auditors. Is the primary interface into the region for the SOX Expert Function and for Corporate Audit and actively participates in the global SOX network.
TOOLS AND PROCESSES
• SAP GRC PC.
• Gap Analysis Template.
• SOX Framework.
• SAP (MUS or ONE) or any other approved local financial system.
• Business Warehouse (BW).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Business and Ericsson Operative Knowledge
• Good understanding of Ericsson/Telecommunication industry and Sub-Saharan business environment and operational challenges short- and long-term.
• Excellent knowledge of financial systems, accounting, reporting, and financial analysis.
• Good knowledge of project management and control.
• Good statutory and tax knowledge.
• Good experience in driving audits and assessments.
• Be able to lead others.
• Good interpersonal communication and negotiations skills (influencing).
• Be able drive change.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Good strategic thinking.
• Task and result oriented, committed to and delivering true performance results.
• High degree of perseverance.
• Communication skills, creating clarity.
• Able to work independently and in team and networks.
• Excellent ability to present audit results in a structured manner to enable decisions on actions.
• Good ability to analyze requirements and how they impact the organization and the business.
• Ability to see the big picture as well as complex relations and dependencies.
• Good ability to plan and structure work efficiently.
GENERAL AND EDUCATION
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
• University degree (Finance/Business and/or Science).
• Documented experience in a SOX Compliance Role
• at least 5 years experience in a multinational company
Job: Financial Expertise
Primary Location: Kenya
Other Locations: NG-Lagos, ZA-GT-Johannesburg
Job Posting: Jan 23, 2013, 6:54:57 AM
Unposting Date: Feb 6, 2013, 10:59:59 PM
Job Type: Standard
To apply click https://tas-ericsson.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
The role: 2013 Software Engineer Intern, Africa Trainee Program
Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our ambitions reach far beyond just Search. Our products need to handle information at the scale of the web. We’re looking for ideas from every area of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you work on a small team and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. As a key member of a small and versatile team, you design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions.
-Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google’s product offering.
-Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.
-Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information. Solve all problems that come your way.
-Currently pursuing a BS, MS or PhD in computer science or a related technical field. Typically within 12-18 months of completing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or at any stage in your PhD.
-Currently studying at a university based in Africa.
-Experience in systems software or algorithms.
-Excellent programming skills (C++, Java, Python).
-Knowledge of UNIX/Linux or Windows environments and APIs.
-Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming.
-Fluency in English.
Desired Course(s): Computer Science
Application Deadline: October 31, 2012
Experience: 0 yrs
Job Status: full time
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees, or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Xybertek Systems is a Multinational Internet Presence Provider (IPP) Operating in Nigeria and Trinidad. Also the owner of Nigerianyellowpages.com and its trademark. In the view of its expansion across the state of the federation (36 states) and its alliance with an Israeli based company, Xybertek seek to recruit ‘Relationship Officers’ across the state of the federation. Firstly, contract terms and subsequently convert to permanent job after 3 months evaluation. Interested candidate should apply.
Must be fluent in English and posses good interpersonal skill.
Must be proficient in the use of MS office suite (word, excel, power point) and internet
Must posses good Presentation/Demonstration/Marketing Skill
Years of Experience: At least 1 year post NYSC Experience.
Degree: HND/BSC in any social science related course/Engineering
OND with Marketing experience/distinction and HND in view on a part-time may apply.
Class of Degree: Minimum of Second Class lower or its equivalent
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sim Property and Homes Ltd., a reputable Real Estate and Property management company urgently requires candidates to fill this position at its Lagos Head Office.
Job title: General Manager, Sales & Marketing
Role Summary: The ideal candidate will have primary responsibility for the company’s sales and marketing activities, including product innovations and customer retention.
The development, implementation and supervision of overall sales and marketing strategies in order to increase the company’s Market share and profitability
Manage and deepen customer relationship of both existing and prospective clientele, with a view to increasing customer loyalty and satisfaction.
Coordinate the development of innovative product and service categories.
Identify New Markets in order to maximize sales and marketing opportunity.
A good first degree or its equivalent from a reputable institution.
Possession of higher degrees in relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
Due date: 9th October, 2012
How to apply
Qualified candidates should forward their CV to:
Sim Properties & Homes Ltd.,
108 Ogunnusi Road, Opposite FRSC,
Ojodu Berger, Lagos State.
A career at LG will allow you to realize your dreams. We offer the “Right People” great opportunities for growth and sure rewards for exceptional performance.
LG prides itself on creating working environments where employees can showcase their talents, focus on work, and achieve great things.
Join a company where great talent attracts great opportunities to produce great rewards.
|Asst. Manager – Mobile Hand Set Sales (GSM)||Ghana|
|Asst. Manager – Mobile Hand Set Sales (GSM)||Congo|
|B2B Head (CAC & New Product range)||Nigeria|
|Business Solution Manager||Nigeria|
|Sr. Officer – Spare Parts ware house||Nigeria|