Our client is one of the largest International Oil and Gas service companies providing products and services for drilling, evaluation, completion, production, and intervention of oil and natural gas wells, pipeline construction and commissioning.
We are currently looking to recruit the position below
Job Position: Business Unit Leader, Tubular Running Services
Location: Port-Harcourt, Nigeria
Report to: Country Manager
Business Unit: Tubular Running Services
- The TRS product line is a major contributor to Nigeria profitability and many further opportunities exist to expand revenues by price increases, securing new contracts and introducing new technology.
- The BUL exist to support the region and base country manager to maximize the growth and profitability from these opportunities and also to ensure service quality is delivered at high level.
- The BUL should work with the country and Ops manager on staffing, asset issues, new product introduction, and process management and be the first point of reference for any issues related to TRS.
- To ensure no excessive stock is held or unnecessary duplication stock of assets.
- To identify obsolete or slow moving items.
- To agree what is released from country to country within this region.
- To look outside Nigeria if we need asset.
- To approve or not any AFE request ensuring they are cost effective.
Product Line Strategy
- Develop a Nigeria PL strategy in support of SSA Regional PL strategy.
- Develop a TRS plan for PH base and assist operation manager to deliver Service Quality to all Clients.
- Where appropriate identify areas for potential development in the technology and communicate these to region PLM and engineering functions.
- Liaise with engineering function in support of the product line including but not limited to: future developments, critical technical issues, performance failures, enhancements and maintenance.
- Assist in the marketing of new technologies within Nigeria.
- Support the development of organization’s intellectual property in relation to the PL in line with corporate procedures.
- Maximize financial performance in PL through supporting tenders, identifying revenue opportunities, liaison with sales staff , local managers and client representatives.
- Assist and support in the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures for equipment, policies and procedures within Nigeria.
- Ensure accurate and consistent response to queries and be prepared to defend them.
- Assist field operations personnel as and when called upon.
- Support operations personnel in client interface meetings and technical presentation.
Sales and Marketing
- Assist in sales, marketing and presentations to both customers and in house staff.
- Prepare generic and specified technical presentations
- Prepare PL presentations both for Nigeria and Region meetings.
- Communicate regularly with clients, monitor and evaluate market information and provide appropriate feedback’s as required.
- Utilize customer contacts to develop an awareness of the customers attitude to organization’s Linear Hanger products and levels of service.
- Communicate this to Country Operations manager, Regional Product Line Managers and Nigeria country managers as appropriate.
- Help country managers identify potential improvements in business processes
- Help increase revenue levels and reduce/remove any barriers to business improvements.
Personal Training & Development
- Facilitate & assist in development of technical training programmes, competency frameworks and associated documentation for Nigerian PL staff.
- Where required assist in the recruitment of PL specialists for Region and business units.
- Support career planning & succession requirements through the identification of candidates, internal and external, who can be developed to support the growth of the PL in Nigeria.
- Maximize utilization of technical personnel including recruiting the right number and caliber of staff required to deliver target/forecast.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by line management within the time frame specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfill these.
Qualifications and Skills
- Requires detailed PL knowledge of assets and technical aspects/attributes.
- Background in specific TRS product line candidate is being considered for minimum of 10 years’ experience in PL
- Requires detailed TRS PL knowledge of assets and technical aspects/attributes
- Understand current customer supplier standards
- Be prepared to calculate business risks and justify why they were taken.
- Must have experience in dealing face to face with clients.
- Must have service and operations duties experience.
- Must understand mainstream technical issues regarding products.
- Job entails within Nigeria on PL & client business visits.
- Job entails Regional travels for PL meetings and as requested bt PL/Country manager.
Application Closing Date
23rd April, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org