The broad objectives of the program are to:
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
However applicants should not expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the AfDB.
To be eligible for internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be students, aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years, and currently enrolled in a master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning. The candidate can apply for an internship within one year of having obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment.
- Be citizens of one of the Bank’s member countries.
- Be fluent in, at least, one of the Bank’s working languages (English or French).
Applicants are required to apply through this link.
Applicants are requested to attach:
- A comprehensive CV and a cover letter.
- Copy of the latest Degree or equivalent or
- A recommendation letter from the academic institution they are currently attending.
- A brief description of the program or the topic (thesis or dissertation) to be prepared during the internship (when applicable).
Please note that only complete applications will be processed.
Duration / Timing / Location of Internship
Internships will initially be for a period of three months, renewable for up to six months (maximum).
The timing for the 2013 program is as follows:
- Winter – Session I: January through March 2013. Application period from 9th July 2012 to 15th October 2012.
- Summer – Session II: June through August 2013. Application period from 1st December 2012 to 1st March 2013.
Terms and Conditions
Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend of 550 UA (Units of Accounts – AfDB moving average exchange rate applicable in July 2012 is 1 UA= $1.55644 = 1.16317 Euro = 2.30733 TND).
Eligible interns will be responsible for their airfare to and from the location of their internship, their visa if needed and will be required to have international medical and accident insurance coverage for the duration of their internship.
All enquiries regarding the internship program should be addressed to:
Human Resources Management Department
African Development Bank
P.O. Box 323-1002 Tunis-Belvedere, Tunisia
FAX: (+216) 71 83 14 72 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org