Head of Operations Assurance – Nigeria-00068284
In 45 countries in Sub Saharan Africa, and with approximately 2300 staff, we are innovating, developing and improving the lives of people, business and society. We supply and service all major African Operators with market leadership in Mobile Broadband, Communications Service, Fixed Broadband Convergence, Operations and Business Support Systems.
This job description is for the position of Head of Operations Assurance which forms part of the MSCOO organization supporting Airtel Operations in Nigeria.
Head of Operations Assurance – Nigeria
MSCOO Airtel Nigeria
The Head of Operations Assurance is responsible for securing that operations activities are performed according to the SLA and KPI requirements (as reflected on the WLA) and to provide an escalation point for all KPI / operations delivery performance deviations towards the customer.
While operational activities are performed by the Operations organization on local / multi-country and a global site, MSIP Operations Assurance has a coordination role and has the following responsibilities:
• All assurance, fulfilment and service desk activities to be performed under the contractual scope for the specific customer, acting as a demand organization towards the Operations organization
• Based on the contractual SLA with the customer, establish the WLA between the operations delivery units and the MSIP and monitor the delivery performance according to MS governance model.
• Secure KPI fulfilment and is accountable for performance reporting to the customer organization for Operational Assurance.
• Perform hierarchical escalation in case of critical (or optionally major) incidents and act as the main interface to the customer.
• Approve and monitor operational performance improvement plans.
• Secure that operations organization inputs and requirements on resource or service acceptance (according to Deployment & Integration processes) are being considered and fulfilled.
• Support MSIP Contract Management on penalties verification.
• Accountable for preventative maintenance plan and ensures that impacts due to forecasted maintenance is reported and agreed with the customer
• Coordinate the operational interface between operational organisation and the customer’s retained organization (ex. Customer care center) required to fulfil the SLA, establishing OLA (Operational Level Agreements) whenever necessary.
• Ensure operational readiness – availability of operational resources and/or procedures for any new service or resource on the customer’s infrastructure.
• To manage and co-ordinate all Quality Assurance activities and identified improvements & support all QA related projects for the customer.
• Provide relevant stakeholders with performance reports on a scheduled/regular basis
• Security Management Accountable within operations service delivery (user account management on systems)
The Head of Operations Assurance is responsible for management of the relevant part(s) of the Operations (R-FAB) activities including personnel. The Head of Operations Assurance must ensure well being of staff and in respect of working environment and conditions of employment. The Head of Operations Assurance must also ensure that the organisation they are responsible for understands its responsibility and maintains the proper focus as to efficiently achieve set goals.
The Head of Operations Assurance has Budget Responsibility.
The Head of Operations Assurance has the authority to act on relevant problems and to decide on what procedures and routines that shall be invoked to ensure that quality problems are corrected according to prevailing requirements.
Excellent understanding of E/// business and customer operations
Ability to communicate in English (written & verbal)
Ability to communicate in French is an advantage
Minimum 7 years of experience in Resource Operation and Maintenance of Telecom networks.
Good management background in the telecommunication industry preferably in the Operation or Support capacity.
Working knowledge of MSTOP and business processes
Strategic thinking required
University Degree in Business, Engineering or related fields
Primary Location: NG-Lagos
Job Posting: Sep 3, 2012, 3:28:14 PM
Unposting Date: Sep 10, 2012, 10:59:59 PM
Job Type: Standard
To apply Go to; https://tas-ericsson.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl