US EMBASSY CURRENT JOB VACANCY IN NIGERIA
JOB TITLE: REAL PROPERTY ASSISTANT
JOB REF: , FSN-07/FP-07
JOB LOCATION: ABUJA
The U.S. Embassy, Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of a Real Property Assistant in the General Services Office.
Incumbent prepares and types reports for repairs on vacant or new housing units, liaises with the Realty Specialist on repairs and installation of furniture and appliance in USG residencies. Incumbent will conduct final inspection on new or vacant housing units for occupation by USG personnel and serves as back-up to the Realty Specialist. Reports to the Realty Specialist on most matters, but receives additional supervision from the GSO for Housing.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/about_the_us_mission.html
NOTE: All applicants are instructed to address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion.
1. University degree in Estate Management, Property Management or Real Estate is required.
2. Minimum of two (2) years experience in Real Property Management, with at least one (1) year experience in Administrative Management is required. http://www.nigerianbestforum.com
3. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) in Yoruba or Igbo or Hausa is required
4. Knowledge of Nigerian Real Estate Laws, Property values, building codes and Government agencies responsible for documentation is required.
5. Candidate must be computer literate especially in Microsoft Word and Excel.
6. Candidate must possess a valid professional driver’s license (Nigerian class E).
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
2. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
4. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Abuja. Or submit to HRNigeria@state.gov
Point Of Contact:
Tel: 09-461-4000 Ext 4261
APPLICATION FORMS FOR FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT:
Application Form for Employment as a Locally Employed Staffor Family Member (DS-174) (pdf 1.78MB)
Instructions for Completing DS-174 (pdf 2.40MB)
Closing Date: 21/ 09 / 2012